Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
Between the fall weather and the fact that it’s almost holiday season, I wanted to create a delicious brand new recipe that was filling, satisfying and easy to make- a perfect dish for the upcoming holidays! Using simple yet high quality ingredients, this healthy mac & cheese is sure to wow a crowd!
1 cup of Chickpea Pasta (Banza)
1/2 cup of unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tsp of minced Garlic
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Grass-fed Irish Natural Sharp Cheddar (Truly Grassfed)
1) Cook the chickpea pasta until it’s al dente.
2) While the pasta is cooking, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil with the minced garlic in a separate sauce pan.
3) Once the pasta is ready, drain (but save some pasta water!) and place the drained pasta in the other sauce pan with the garlic. Stir for a bit so the pasta absorbs the flavor.
4) Next, add the pumpkin puree, the chopped cheese (i chopped it in cubes), and add a little bit of the pasta water with salt & pepper. Keep stirring on low heat until all of the ingredients melt together.
5) Serve, add some more grated cheese on top and enjoy!